[Cerowrt-devel] dnsmasq CVEs

dpreed dpreed at reed.com
Sat Oct 7 16:54:37 EDT 2017

Interesting. If stack pops zeroed memory, a stack machine would fix the subroutine call privilege drop issue. Also register zeroing on syscall return avoids privilege leaks. Linux on Intel 64 doesn't do this :-(

The mill is very interesting.

One concern, I have recently realized that it is not fully open like RISC-V. I don't blame its    developers for wanting a ROI. But adoption may require rethinking that choice. These days, shared standardized infrastructure tends to require open adoptability.