[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] fcc initial comments due sept 10

dpreed at deepplum.com dpreed at deepplum.com
Tue Aug 14 11:53:54 EDT 2018

1000/25 is my current low cost service. Due to competition, low cost 1000/1000 is rapidly spreading in the Boston area, on a number of novel tech infrastructures. Sadly, government thinks that Monopoly is the tool to "incent" reluctant incumbents, and/or classification by FCC surveys.

Competition (new entrants, or multiple providers) does it without the FCC even being engaged.

But businesses DONT want competition if they can corrupt the government cheaper.

Look at Pennsylvania... Bought and paid for, Comcast Country. Tax subsidies, laws against Muni Fiber, ... Comcast has great technologists, for sure. So did Bell Labs in its heyday. But touchtone took 20 years and still didn't make it widely, even though it would have allowed advanced switching services.

FCC isn't the place to make things happen.