[Cerowrt-devel] bufferbloat.net prep

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 17:49:39 EST 2018

Most of the bufferbloat.net servers are on linode. They are planning a
fleet-wide reboot:

https://blog.linode.com/2018/01/03/cpu-vulnerabilities-meltdown-spectre/

'Course this doesn't help as much as you'd like if one or more of your
servers is already compromised, and had keys or shared passwords. So -
sigh - theoretically I'm on vacation - I'm planning on revoking those
keys, and rebuilding others from scratch.

I might, like other big providers do, end up building my own cloudy
kernels again.

There's only one server I seriously care about the security of in the
cloud, the vpn server. Maybe it's time to truly decentralize the vpn
this time around. I think of how exposed others must be, and shudder.

"If your provider does not have a fix then now is a good time to
practice that recovery plan you should have for what to do when your
cloud provider goes down....." - Alan Cox

https://plus.google.com/+AlanCoxLinux/posts/Z6inLSq4iqH

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Joel Wirāmu Pauling <joel at aenertia.net> wrote:
> I was too busy skateboarding holding on to the bumper of my Limo to take
> notice obviously.
>
> On 5 January 2018 at 11:26, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On 5 Jan, 2018, at 12:09 am, dpreed at deepplum.com wrote:
>> >
>> > I should point out here that I was one of the researchers that helped
>> > develop the original multi-level security systems then. Those "colored
>> > books" come from us.
>>
>> Obligatory:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U9MI0u2VIE
>>
>>  - Jonathan Morton

CEO, TekLibre, LLC