[Cerowrt-devel] meltdown update for bufferbloat.net

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 21:09:47 EST 2018

I have rebooted all 7 of the bufferbloat.net servers on linode into
their post-meltdown-fix 4.14.12 kernel. I am pretty sure the
underlying substrates are migrated also.
(https://blog.linode.com/2018/01/03/cpu-vulnerabilities-meltdown-spectre/
)

I'd be interested in higher speed rrul/etc tests against
flent-fremont, etc, to see if anything changed. For all i know some
things changed for the better, there were a few places where linode
told me had gone from a 250Mbit to 1gbit limit.

No fixes for spectre are available as yet, and of course the meltdown
fixes being so new will have their own problems.

Please let me know if i broke anything else. I'd never rebooted
*everything* before.

I still have a ton of other boxes to fix behind the now disabled vpn,
made more difficult by my habit of hacking on kernels of various
ages... I only have a couple OOO arms....

I tend to think that rerolling crypto keys (SSL and ssh) would be prudent.