[Cerowrt-devel] security guidelines for home routers

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Nov 28 04:17:16 EST 2018

Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
    >> Personally, I think it's time to move "security" out of the military
    >> sector of government..

    > I think we need some kind of international cooperation body that
    > develops guidelines that vendors can then slap their "approved
    > by"-sticker on the box by complying to these guidelines. Problem here

There are multiple efforts:

I'm involved with this one: https://www.iotsecurityfoundation.org/best-practice-guidelines/
(and there are more documents in progress)

There are other efforts, and there are attempts to coordinate, and there is
interest in the testing labs (EULabs, UL, and others) in doing evaluations
with prices from $ to $$$$$.