[Cerowrt-devel] ipv6 on comcast with 18.06.1

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:12:01 EDT 2018

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 8:58 AM Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here you go! Going to go look at the firewall rules in a sec....

I changed the rules to allow 547 and 546, no difference. I even
flushed the ipv6tables rules entirely,
and I'm running without that for a while. I can certainly imagine
comcast's dhcpv6 server giving up on me....

It's nice to know, btw, someone is still messing with homenet. Having
zero funding for
too many years burned me out on even trying. But I expected ipv6 to
keep working without
any more help from me! :(

> On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 8:45 AM Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 1 Oct 2018, Dave Taht wrote:
> >
> > > Sigh. Once upon a time I used to test this stuff on comcast. So I
> > > finally got around to deploying
> > > a new 18.06 gateway and ipv6 is busted with comcast.
> >
> > Can you please email me output from "tcpdump -n -vvv -i <wan> port 546 or
> > port 547 or icmp6" as your WAN is trying to get DHCPv6-PD ? Or if you dump
> > that to a pcap and email it to me (or make it available somewhere for me
> > to download).
> >
> > I have 18.06.1 working with homenet on WRT1200AC,dual uplinks (two
> > different vlans on WAN), getting dual stack from both ISPs, /56 from both,
> > and both are announced out on LAN. I even configured bidirectional SQM
> > with CAKE on each uplink (250/50 and 250/100 respectively) and it seems to
> > do the right thing.
> >
> > --
> > Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se
>

> --