[Cerowrt-devel] ipv6 on comcast with 18.06.1

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Oct 1 15:07:19 EDT 2018

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018, Dave Taht wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 8:58 AM Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Here you go! Going to go look at the firewall rules in a sec....
>
> I changed the rules to allow 547 and 546, no difference. I even
> flushed the ipv6tables rules entirely,
> and I'm running without that for a while. I can certainly imagine
> comcast's dhcpv6 server giving up on me....

Looking at your pcap file, there is no IPv6 to be had what so ever. No
answer to RS or DHCPv6 SOLICIT. It doesn't get more basic than that.

> It's nice to know, btw, someone is still messing with homenet. Having
> zero funding for too many years burned me out on even trying. But I
> expected ipv6 to keep working without any more help from me! :(

Yes, your problem has nothing to do with basic IPv6 function. Windows
Vista on launch day does the same you're doing, but since nothing is
answering then you get no IPv6. So either your packets aren't making it to
the Comcast upstream router, or it doesn't do any of the basics.

I thought this would be a PD problem or something, but this is more basic
than that.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se