[Cerowrt-devel] Wicked OT: 240.0.0.0/4 netblock

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Oct 22 05:05:48 EDT 2018

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018, David Lang wrote:

> leaking to the outside in e-mail headers or other payload is no different
> from the current RFC local addresses

Well, it is. For instance spam detection software might think that class-E
in mail header means obligatory SPAM. I don't know, I'm just speculating.

> The problem would be if you allowed the address to leak in the IP headers.

There can be problems outside of just IP headers. The SIP people have IPv6
problems even if they're not doing IPv6 (since it can pop up in the
SIP signaling payload). There are lots of protocols that carry this kind
of information within the protocol, and it does leak.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se