[Cerowrt-devel] The new ecn-sane project and mailing list

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 16:11:00 EDT 2018

After clearing my plate for the past few months, I wanted to tackle
something that keeps me awake at night.

We just started an attempt to start taking a hard look at deployed ECN
behaviors over the fq_codel, fq_pie, and fq_codel for wifi
deployments:

https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/ecn-sane/wiki/

As ECN has long been a sensitive topic... The mailing list has
sprouted a few new rules to try to keep the noise level down:

https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/ecn-sane/wiki/rules/

And there''s a "team" concept that may or may not work. I have so much
data and papers in my head that somehow having a way to apply a stamp,
a tag, to all that, that my hope was to try and tag and comment on
papers and experiments to keep them all straight.

List is here:

If anyone would like to "formally" join the project, join a team, and
write a position statement, please fork
https://github.com/tohojo/bufferbloat-net or supply
a markdown formatted file for it. Suggestions for additional "colors",
behaviors and protocol options to look at, gladly discussed on the new
mailing list.