[Cerowrt-devel] fq_codel not-so-secret sauce in netduma's anti-bufferbloat implementation

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 11:40:33 EDT 2019

My understanding of netduma's implementation of "anti-bufferbloat" is
that it also does weird things with attempting to classify traffic,
and as far as I can tell, they still don't correctly compensate for
dsl or cable modem framing which is the root cause of some angst in
their forums. And I sure wish they's come clean about using RFC8290 in
their design, to me anyone that publicly states they are using
fq_codel is a mark of quality.... :) and I'd also like to know if the
have ecn on or off.

It was good, after all this time, to see this error message.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/25802-qos-rpc-error-error_cmdfail-exec-tc-qdisc-add-dev-ppp0-parent-21-handle-3-fq_codel-failed-with-2/

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740