[Cerowrt-devel] raspi4 (was Re: WebOS goes more open source (In collaboration with the South Korean government))

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Thu Jun 27 14:47:52 EDT 2019

On 6/26/19 7:35 PM, Dave Taht wrote:

> and the raspi4 :
> http://linuxgizmos.com/quad-a72-raspberry-pi-4-finally-gets-its-ram/

Only one gig port, but 2 USB3 ports, so maybe using USB3 gig adapters
would work. Anyone have recommendations for the the best ones? BQL
support, mature drivers, no binary blobs, etc.

The ones I have so far:

ASIX Elec. Corp.
ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet
idVendor=0b95, idProduct=1790
linux driver: ax88179_178a
$13.59 from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYTSN18

Realtek
USB 10/100/1000 LAN
idVendor=0bda, idProduct=8153
linux driver: r8152
Came with my ASUS laptop

Also the raspi4 supports being powered by PoE, which fits nicely with
the way I have started deploying things: separate router, PoE switch,
multiple PoE APs in strategic locations, PoE VOIP phones, etc. and a UPS
to power it all. The built-in gig port could be on the internal side of
the network plugged into the PoE switch, and the USB3 adapter could be
used for WAN. (I suppose this model works with other USB WAN options
like LTE, DSL, wireless, etc).

Nothing listed yet at
https://openwrt.org/toh/raspberry_pi_foundation/raspberry_pi

--