[Cerowrt-devel] talking at linux plumbers in portugal next week

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 20:47:02 EDT 2019

I'm doing a talk on my ipv4 unicast extensions project next week. Toke
and jesper and stephen hemminger are there, anyone else?

There's also some "bloat" business of course to do. Obviously talk
about the state of the bloat, the l4s & sce work, etc.

but: I have a bunch of other "plumbing" stuff that's been bugging me
lately, and perhaps there are those here that might have
more? I should try to find people to talk to about, or knew who I should?

1) Recently (in a limited set of coffee shop tests), I saw 30+% of
ipv4 tcp syns being retried. That's scary, I don't know if anyone's
tracking that in any way? It seems possible to track it with
in-browser statistics, possibly. I'm afraid a syn-limiter is in place
with copy-pasted parameters set in the 90s - openwrt's default, last I
looked, was 25/sec.
2) I'd really like somehow for atomic route updates to "just work". I
think it's working now for ipv4, at least, as I saw a commit go
in for it for bird, recently. That plus sorta-kinda-wanting to see
pmtu work better for udp is on my mind.
3) Our biggest problem bufferbloat-wise is inbound shaping and I don't
know how to make it better aside from resuming work on a smarter
policer.
4)?

I'm pretty broke as usual (LF is paying for the plane and airbnb (thx
LF!), but not food or my time), if anyone could throw a few bucks into
my gofundme or patreon, it would be appreciated.

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740