[Cerowrt-devel] Ubiquiti Launches a Speed Test Network

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Wed Sep 4 15:51:42 EDT 2019

https://blog.ui.com/2019/08/13/ubiquiti-launches-a-speed-test-network/

The web app (which requires a lot of js) at http://speed.ui.com/ mostly
just gives a graph of bandwidth over time and only mentions a single
ping number (which was 10ms for me, so maybe just a bucket?)

The android app gives a few single ping times to major service providers
(google, facebook, twitter) but no further latency results when running
the test.

The press release says the UniFi Network Controller can run automated
speed tests and in the updated version (5.11.39) I can see where to
enable it, but it also says it requires the UniFi Security Gateway
product to enable.

To setup your own test server at https://speed-admin.ui.com/ requires an
account (and also goes into an infinite redirect loop on my browser at
least)

So an interesting idea but they have some things they could improve.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org