[Cerowrt-devel] openwrt or "open" security cams?

David P. Reed dpreed at deepplum.com
Sat Apr 4 09:37:05 EDT 2020

I have some servers with 512 GB of RAM, and my company sells "Software Defined Server" capability to relatively inexpensively make virtualized systems with 10 TB of RAM out of these 512 GB systems. They fit in less then a single 19" rack.

[Couldn't resist :-) https://www.tidalscale.com/technology is the place to learn more.

More OT: We deal with "bloat" at a different scale in our Ethernet internal to our software defined server implementation, since our interconnects are 10 GigE up to 100 GigE, but I can tell you it is a problem there, too. Serious problem if you by Arista gear, which is bloated by intent :-( because latency doesn't occur to Bechtolsheim to be a problem, only throughput. Fortunately, we (my design) control the network stack in the hyperkernel, and can use speciaized end-to-end protocols that don't use the bloat.

Anyway, my actual non-work desktop has 32 GB RAM. So 128 GB isn't surprising in my context.]