[Cerowrt-devel] 800gige

Joel Wirāmu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Wed Apr 15 17:08:45 EDT 2020

Another neat thing about 400 and 800GE is that you can get MPO optics that
allow splitting a single 4x100 or 8x100 into individual 100G feeds. Good
for port density and/or adding capacity to processing/Edge/Appliances

Now there are decent ER optics for 100G you can now do 40-70KM runs of each
100G link without additional active electronics on the path or going to and
optical transport route.