[Cerowrt-devel] I got ipv6 on my cell tether this morning

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 14:42:45 EST 2020

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 11:03 AM David P. Reed <dpreed at deepplum.com> wrote:

> Good grief, can't we kill off NAT? IPv4.01 isn't IPv6.

It's astonishing how little ipv4 traffic I'm generating...

> What does the other end think your IPv6 source address is?

It's the real thing, I can get back and forth via tcp, at least, to
port 22 or netperfs port. I was really surprised to see port 25 not
blocked. (course without reverse dns most mailers will fail)

I worry (not on this laptop, but others) about all the other ports I
might have exposed like 53 or smb...

>Can your tethered systems pass addressable endpoints to the other end, and expect them to work?

tcp tested. udp tested. rather depressing watching every keystroke in
gmail going back to big brother over udp, actually...

Somewhere around here I have udplite for netperf. It would be pretty
cool if other protocol
numbers just worked...

> Or will there be STUN6/TURN6 needed to do, say, WebRTC peering?

Haven't tried that yet! I sure hope not. Being MITM is kind of a
billable event for some folk though....

I guess my overall thought was that folk in the us check...