[Cerowrt-devel] The miserable state of udp-lite, dccp, etc, along the edge

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:07:43 EDT 2020

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/339850966_On_the_Usability_of_Transport_Protocols_other_than_TCP_A_Home_Gateway_and_Internet_Path_Traversal_Study

I note that it was certainly possible to make udp-lite through nat
back when we started cerowrt. I'd added patches to netperf to be able
test it, and it's just a kernel module.

I worry a bit about people hitting udp too hard in the post-quic era,
and was very happy when my dns servers mostly started speaking ipv6.
It is very easy on a busy network to run yourself out of udp ports on
your natted firewall, particularly if you run with the default
timeouts.

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-435-0729