[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] OT: Netflix vs 6in4 from HE.net

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 18:41:19 EDT 2020

Per the url I posted earlier you can stick something like this into
/etc/firewall.user

    ip -6 route add blackhole 2406:da00:ff00::/96 # AWS
    ip -6 route add blackhole 2607:FB10::/32
    ip -6 route add blackhole 2620:0:ef0::/48
    ip -6 route add blackhole 2a00:86c0::/32

I actually used "unreach" and put it in /etc/config/networks

config 'route6' 'killnetflix61'
        option 'interface' 'lan'
        option 'target' '2406:da00:ff00::/96'
        option 'type' 'unreachable'
        option 'proto' '50'

I then used the proto 50 bit (requires ip-full), to make  babel pick it up with
a redistribute proto 50
line. (I use this also to propigate /22s around for ipv4)

Neither approach is something "joe user" will be able to do.

But it turned out to be essentially just as much work to just
propigate my native /60s
to the entire campus network statically and try to work out what new security
holes I'd introduced. I have 22 APs to renumber if I get renumbered,
and a few dns entries.