[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] OT: Netflix vs 6in4 from HE.net

David P. Reed dpreed at deepplum.com
Tue Mar 24 18:19:29 EDT 2020

Sadly, my home provider, RCN, which is otherwise hugely better than Comcast and Verizon provisioning wise, still won't provide IPv6 to its customers. It's a corporate level decision. I know the regional network operations guys, which is why I know about the provisioning - they have very high-end DOCSIS 3.1 fabric, with extra capacity, unlike Comcast and Verizon, who are not replacing gear with newer gear until it breaks.

Unfortunately I haven't found a really local place to get IPv6 tunneling from. I've had my he.net /56 forever, but the best tunnel goes down to NYC. And the peering wars are just truly annoying when he.net is blocked as it is from some AS's.