[Cerowrt-devel] [Starlink] Anhyone have a spare couple a hundred million ... Elon may need to start a go-fund-me page!

Jeremy Austin jeremy at aterlo.com
Tue Aug 10 16:33:11 EDT 2021

A 5.7% reduction in funded locations for StarLink is… not dramatic. If the
project falls on that basis, they've got bigger problems. Much of that
discrepancy falls squarely on the shoulders of the FCC and incumbent ISPs
filing form 477, as well as the RDOF auction being held before improving
mapping — as Rosenworcel pointed out. The state of broadband mapping is
still dire.

If I felt like the reallocation of funds would be 100% guaranteed to
benefit the end Internet user… I'd cheer too.

If.

JHA

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 12:16 PM Dick Roy <dickroy at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> You may find this of some relevance!