[Cerowrt-devel] firmware scanning for features?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 11:20:40 EST 2021

I imagine firmware scanning has been raised to a high art at this
point, mostly, looking for vulnerabilities, but it occurred to me this
morning that it would be possible to scan for a given feature's code
pattern (in our perpetual case, looking for fq-codel, bql, and cake),
and whether they were in by default (module loader, symbol tables,
qdisc_create_dflt). I imagine recognizable patterns, lacking a symbol
table, would include the invsqrt approximation, in cake's case the
invsqrt table, stuff that manipulates the ecn bits, and so on.

--
I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC