[Cerowrt-devel] more dumping of my stack re FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit Program

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 12:07:10 EST 2021

Ironically enough I can't find the original link to the huge FCC
filing we'd done5+ years bafck, just the ancillary documents. Anybody
know where it is?

Basically what I want to produce is a 2-3 page letter focused on the
bufferbloat issue on rural broadband and on emergency services.I may
perhaps have ambitions towards a second letter talking to the "router
reclamation project". But the core one has kind of an opening phrase
like:

What the vast majority of rural Americans really need, especially
those schooling kids from home during the COVID crisis, is not more
bandwidth, or cheaper bandwidth, but better bandwidth. For quality
videoconferencing finally convincing ISPs, vendors, and citizens that
fixing bufferbloat leads to a vastly
better, less annoying, more robust experience.

Americans without broadband are also suffering from terrible
bufferbloat backed into their routers, a situation easily solved with
off the shelf gear and repurposed gear costing only 10s of dollars.

OBVIOUSLY still working on this, we've got until the 20th....

Some of the stuff from last time.

ex parte filing:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13mE-dfpquytRuGwp_G90R2EyIoYKwgw2ymBQgYov5rw/edit?usp=sharing

This was the press release we did way back then. Doing a bake sale for
yet another press release this time is on my mind...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13mE-dfpquytRuGwp_G90R2EyIoYKwgw2ymBQgYov5rw/edit?usp=sharing

--
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman

dave at taht.net <Dave Täht> CTO, TekLibre, LLC Tel: 1-831-435-0729