[Cerowrt-devel] [Make-wifi-fast] [Bloat] [Cake] Fwd: [Galene] Dave on bufferbloat and jitter at 8pm CET Tuesday 23

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:43:25 EST 2021

> On 24 Feb, 2021, at 5:19 pm, Taraldsen Erik <erik.taraldsen at telenor.no> wrote:
>
> Do you have a subscription with rate limitations?  The PGW (router which enforces the limit) is a lot more latency friendly than if you are radio limited.  So it may be beneficial to have a "slow" subscription rather than "free speed" then it comes to latency.  Slow meaning lower subscrption rate than radio rate.

This is actually something I've noticed in Finland with DNA.  The provisioning shaper they use for the "poverty tariff" is quite well debloated (which was very much not the case some years ago).  However, there's no tariff at any convenient level between 1Mbps (poverty tariff) and 50Mbps (probably radio limited on a single carrier).

 - Jonathan Morton