[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: geeks, internet

David Lang david at lang.hm
Wed Mar 31 14:38:00 EDT 2021

with multiple geeks in the house, I've survived for years with 8M down 1M up (I
live in southern california in the middle of a city of >100k people and it's
only in the last year I've been able to get better, which is 600/30 for $300/m).

100M is a lot (especially 100M upload)

My sister is in rural Michigan and the best she can get is 2M (until starlink),
with 3 kids doing remote learning and her teaching. Not great, but they survived
2020 with it.

yes, more is nice, but saying that 100Mb is not enough is ignoring the huge
population that isn't getting 1/10 of that today.

David Lang