[Cerowrt-devel] Tests for Wi-Fi - (was: openwrt-22-03-rc6 released)

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 08:28:17 EDT 2022

Dave,

You write:

> Please test (the Wi-Fi)

Do we have a well-defined set of tests? Specifically, is there a straightforward procedure that we can run that really tests the Wi-Fi? and not my crummy ISP?

I'm imagining that people install netperf on their router and then run Flent or RPM or ...?

Or is it better to set up a Raspberry Pi 4 (or other powerful box) on the local Ethernet with netperf, and then run...?

Thanks.

Rich

PS Sorry if I've slept through this part of the class and you already assigned it as homework :-)