[Cerowrt-devel] airfiber 60HD uses vpp + dpdk

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 10:18:07 EST 2022

discovered via:

https://twitter.com/awlnx/status/1491785956944351232

I last paid attention to these technologies, 5 years ago.
https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/cake/2016-April/001884.html

starlink's dishy also uses a userspace stack (not vpp or dpdk so far
as I can tell). Not clear if either of these devices write the device
itself directly (where's the ring buffer?) or use an overlying qdisc
(seems unlikely).

At least a few other devices are using vpp that I know of. vpp ripped
out support for even RED a few years back. hqos is deprecated. What if
anything replaced it?

--
I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC