[Cerowrt-users] IPv6 default prefix length defaults wrong

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Sun Dec 9 17:07:17 EST 2012

I'm not fully switched over to CeroWRT, replacing a decade and a half
old install (many, many software and hardware upgrades) of NetBSD on a
PII-400.

I have a routed /25, (and a /48).
I noticed that if you don't enter a /64 for the IPv6 address that it
seems to default to... the netmask of the IPv4!!!

I found that the Firewall Custom Rules editing screen takes a long time
to open up.  I'm not sure why.  I'm wondering if there are reverse DNS
lookups or something which are a problem, and which might be timeing out
given that my rules didn't let DNS through at first.

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.