[Cerowrt-users] 6in4 links

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Sun Dec 9 21:04:44 EST 2012

I have a few 6in4 static tunnels on my border machine at home.
This is mostly to avoid stupid non-native v6 paths that do not
follow v4 paths across town.  (I have native v6 at home, but not at
work, go figure...)

I create a 6in4 interface, and added the /48 route across it.

(I happened to have numbered my point to interface with 2002: addresses.
On *BSD, you don't need to create a tunnel interface, you can just use
route add to a 2002: address to make things work if you have stf0
configured... this fails on Linux for reasons I understand, but don't
know how to fix)

The problem is that the interface that is created is a /128, and it's
the ::2, but since it is a /128, the ::1 isn't "On-network", so the
static route fails.

I tried without a target IP address, so that it would be a device route,
but that didn't help either.  I wound up hacking this in the shell, but
that likely won't stick.

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.