[Cerowrt-users] port 22 for ssh vs scp and QOS classification

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun Nov 25 18:25:16 EST 2012

Oh, something else I forgot:
I often do big internet copies over ssh (rsync+ssh).
I seem to remember that scp even though it uses port 22, sets a batch TOS
flag in the IP packet.

Now, I see the QOS page sets any port 22 traffic as priority.
What happens with scp batch traffic? Does it get changed to priority?

And for rsync over ssh traffic which likely does not have the batch TOS,
does it look just like me typing in an ssh terminal and therefore get
flagged as priority?

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....