[Cerowrt-users] [Cerowrt-devel] QOS settings vs speedboost and random bandwidth

dpreed at reed.com dpreed at reed.com
Mon Nov 26 11:37:43 EST 2012

Michael - My kludge code predated all of the "bloat" activity (I wrote it in 2002, when I had a Linux box as my home router, and I stopped using it because as a practical matter it was easier to use off-the-shelf home routers to support my family when I travel).  It was a complete kludge using a modified kernel, etc.  Not the right way to do it, and probably impossible to understand.

But I've thought about coding it again for cerowrt.  Where to modularly slot it in seems to be worth thinking about.  Perhaps in two key pieces: an iptables/xfilter module and a routing/traffic control module - with some direct interaction between the two using some appropriate intermodule bus/link/coordination link.

I'd be happy to think about defining the pieces, but I really don't have time to code it, given all the other stuff I've done.  I wonder if by putting it in these modules, one can use existing kernel APIs.