[Cerowrt-users] libcrypto dependency

plumcreek at gmail.com plumcreek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 12:51:42 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> Obsolete dependency, thx for catching it.

No problem.

> I have refreshed the sugarland package database, updating bind-latest
> to remove the dependency, also updating 6to4 (still has a bug),
>
> (minissdpd, upnp, minidlna still busted)

Thanks. I've been running bind on this box for a while and just
yesterday updated it from an older firmware version to the sugarland
release and found it odd that the package wouldn't install. Thank you
very much for the quick fix! The bind-latest-server package has now
installed successfully.

> do an:
>
> opkg update
> opkg install bind-latest-server bind-latest-config
>
> (you might want the various bind related tools, too)

Yes. I grabbed several of them.

> There have been a huge number of updates to openwrt since the beta2
> freeze, I am going to have to put out a -28 release to suit after it
> stabilizes. I also attempted to push up the more needed of the cerowrt
> patches to openwrt today. Also, I realized that qos-scripts needed
> even more love than I thought it did.
>
> I note that in order to use bind instead of dnsmasq, you will need to:
>

> 0) configure bind to suit your preferences.
> 1) change the port number in /etc/config/dhcp from 53 to 0
> 2) /etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart
> 3) killall -1 xinetd
> 4) nslookup 8.8.8.8
>
> There is certainly enough ram on a 3800 to run bind fairly well. You
> will battle with bug 113 unless you disable dnssec. named.montime may
> be buggy as we've switched to busybox ntp
> for the time being.

Yes named.montime is a bit buggy, but more annoying than anything else
since things appear to be working just fine (once the packages were
installed and I rsync'd over my bind config files).

Thanks again!

--
Daniel Bartholomew