[Cerowrt-users] Recommended setup when multiple APs are needed?

Kelvin Edmison kelvin at edmison.net
Mon Sep 23 23:24:05 EDT 2013

I have a CeroWRT (3.10.11-2) set up as my main router, and really like it.
Now I need to improve the signal strength in other parts of the house.  I
have a second CeroWRT ready to go, and have configured mesh networking
between them.  When connected to ethernet ports on the second CeroWRT, IP
networking works fine but DNS is not.  The second CeroWRT provides itself
as the DNS server to the ethernet ports but then seems to refuse any
requests.

So, I have three questions.
1) Is mesh networking the best approach to take for this sort of situation?
2) Is there any advice on what changes to make to get DNS working on the
second CeroWRT?
3) Should I try to use an ethernet cable between the two CeroWRTs?  If so,
then what should I do?  Babel again, or separate VLANs for the different
network zones?

Thanks,
  Kelvin