[Cerowrt-users] Router unresponsive after trying to install Cerowrt

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Wed Dec 16 08:07:42 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to install Cerowrt to a Netgear WNDR3800. I have completed
the steps below, but I am now unable to connect to the router. It
appears to boot up okay, but it does not present a wireless signal, and
connecting a network cable does not result in any of the LAN lights
switching on. Only the green power light is lit.

I have tried connecting via the Ethernet cable and pinging 172.30.42.1,
192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 (having configured the PC network device
accordingly).

These are the steps I followed:

- Downloaded http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-wndr3800-squashfs-factory.img

- Used the Netgear web interface to upgrade the firmware, using that
image.

- The upload appeared to be successful.

- Waited 10 minutes, then tried connecting.

- Cycled the power and tried again.

- Tried the factory reset button. This appeared to work, but resulted in
the same as above.

Have I done something stupid, and is there any way of recovering from
this?

Thanks,

Andy