[Cerowrt-users] Per flow ingress limit ?

Etienne Champetier champetier.etienne at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 04:32:32 EST 2016

Hi all,

(this is a bit off topic but i'm sure AQM experts here can help me)

I'm playing with jitsi meet lately, which use up to 1800 kbits/s upload
bandwidth (and auto adapt to the available bandwith).
I'm trying to limit the bandwidth of each client to a smaller value (1200
kbits), i can't do it in the client (firefox doesn't have the api right
now), so i'm trying with TC to do per flow ingress limit.

Here is my test:

modprobe ifb numifbs=1
> ip link set dev ifb0 up
> #ip link set ifb0 txqueuelen 1000
> tc qdisc add dev ifb0 root handle 1 hfsc default 1
> tc class add dev ifb0 parent 1:  classid 1:1  hfsc sc rate 100mbit ul rate
> 100mbit
>
> for num in {10..1034}
> do
>  tc class add dev ifb0 parent 1:  classid 1:$num  hfsc sc rate 1200kbit ul
> rate 1200kbit
>  tc qdisc add dev ifb0 parent 1:$num handle $num: codel
> done
> tc filter add dev ifb0 parent 1: handle 5 prio 1 flow map key proto-src
> divisor 1024 baseclass 1:10
>
> tc qdisc add dev eno16780032 handle ffff: ingress
> tc filter add dev eno16780032 parent ffff: protocol ip u32 match ip dport
> 10000 0xffff action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0

I know it's not working properly because a lot of traffic end up in HFSC
default (1:1), but from what i understand all traffic should be caught by
the flow map filter and end up in 1:10 to 1:1034 class
I've tried with/without txqueuelen, with/without codel qdisc, with HTB
instead of HFSC, but no luck so far.
I'm on centos 7 (kernel 3.10 +)

Thanks in advance
Etienne