[Codel] [Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] FQ_Codel lwn draft article review

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun Dec 2 17:15:40 EST 2012

Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet at gmail.com> writes:

> If the next packet arrives while the bucket is still in old_flows,
> we wont put the bucket in new_flow, its bucket have to wait its turn in
> the RR list.

Right. So in order to stay in the new_flows list, the flow needs to be
slow enough that no new data is added to it in the time it takes
subsequent dequeue invocations to get back to it in the old_flows list?

> Think of it this way : If a bucket lost its turn in the RRR mechanism
> and became idle, it has its deficit refilled to 'q->quantum', and it has
> the right to be elected as a new_flow next time a packet wants to use
> this bucket.

Yes, I think I missed this, and was somehow assuming that the flow stays
"alive" (i.e. in the old_flows list) for as long as the /connection/ is
up... :)

-Toke

--
Toke Høiland-Jørgensen