[Codel] Making tests on Tp-link router powered by Openwrt svn

Alessandro Bolletta alessandro at mediaspot.net
Thu Dec 20 12:57:13 EST 2012

Hi everybody,
Today i made some tests on my tplink home router powered by the lastest snapshot build of Openwrt.
So, i configured tc to make fq_codel the default queuing algorithm for 2 eth ports available on the router (leaving unchanged default values).
So, i started some TCP sessions through my Windows client and I loaded the available bandwidth...but the test wasn't going as expected because i experienced packet loss and high delays as i did when the default simple fifo queue was the default queue.
Is there something that i'm not understanding?

Thanks,
Alessandro Bolletta