[Codel] [Cerowrt-devel] hardware hacking on fq_codel in FPGA form at 10GigE

dpreed at reed.com dpreed at reed.com
Fri Dec 21 13:25:01 EST 2012

I'm sure the HSPA+ modem is a binary blob.  For regulatory reasons, if nothing else...

When I said open, I did not mean the ultimate ideal.  Hardware devices with firmware are often sold as black boxes.

Fixing the bloat in HSPA+ and LTE systems will require organizations like Ericsson, ALU and Cisco and Huawei to get their acts together and fix their own bugs.