[Codel] Schedule for publication of "Controlling Queue Delay"

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Wed May 2 11:11:36 EDT 2012

All,

The conversion to ACM Queue format of "Controlling Queue Delay" is
complete: we went back and forth a bit with Jim Maurer at ACM about the
optimal time to publish the article and decided that, rather than
putting it up late in the week this week when it might get lost during
the weekend, to schedule its publication for early Monday morning.

This will give optimal time for the article to be noticed next week, and
give Kathie and Van a bit of breathing space given another publishing
deadline on NDN that they have this week.

*Please* check on the ACM Queue web site http://queue.acm.org/ Monday
morning rather than presuming it has been published on Monday, since
something could come up in the meanwhile that might delay publication.
Once it is up, I'll open up this mailing list and archive, and the wraps
are off.

I plan to blog about the article Monday morning.  Suggestions, of
course, welcome.  A running CoDel implementation, even more welcome ;-)....
                            - Jim

P.S. Let's try to be pro-active about pronunciation: I like the way
Kathie said "coddle", rather than Co-Del; it's sort of warm and fuzzy:
the wiktionary definition is "To treat gently or with great care.",
which I also like....