[Codel] fp sqrt vis int sqrt?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri May 4 20:01:03 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Kathleen Nichols <nichols at pollere.com> wrote:

> Take a deep breath.

ok.

> On 5/4/12 10:44 AM, Dave Taht wrote:
>

>>> That's assuming a 100ms target, which by observation over the
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^interval
>>
>> past
>>> year is not what a typical tcp stream is like anymore, it's closer to
>>> 50ms, particularly for elephants and cdns, less in many cases.
>>>

> But that really isn't going to make much difference. Interval is *loosely*
> related to RTT.

yes. But I have got some nice results with codel + qfq, between crashes....

> Might be good to know what problem you are exploring before you
> fiddle.

Well, we went into the special issues wireless has in the meeting.

and at the same time, I'm very pleased with what I've been able to see
of codel so far.

And am trying to keep it simple... just head buzzing with ideas for later.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net