[Codel] usage of 'count' in codel

Eric Dumazet eric.dumazet at gmail.com
Sun May 6 15:47:14 EDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-05-06 at 12:15 -0700, Dave Taht wrote:
> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2012-05-06 at 11:26 -0700, Dave Taht wrote:
>
> > Well, these are Intel 82599 dual ports cards, and they work pretty well.
>
> I guess my question was more what is BQL doing on those puppies?

BQL is working flawlessly (ixgbe driver). I actually can see cache
misses in pfifo_fast (and ixbe start_xmit function) because packets stay
longer in Qdisc queues (instead of being immediately queued to NIC TX
ring). Some prefetch() additions are in testing.

> Man, have these come down in price.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106044&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Network+-+Interface+Cards-_-Intel-_-33106044
>
> the switches are still pricy tho.

I have no switches yet (I mean in my home lab), just 2 fibers and direct
connect.

(So I have 2x10Gb speed if I setup bonding)