[Codel] [Cerowrt-devel] preliminary codel and fq_codel support for cerowrt

dave taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:09:01 EDT 2012

On 05/16/2012 09:34 AM, Sebastian Moeller wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> so I upgraded my router to the most recent version, and hey I am really impressed, thanks a lot for all the work.
> (I never really stress the local network, and the internet is 5/30 so I consider to be on the safe side of #379 and decided to ignore your recommendation about the suitability for main routers).
> 	I tried the simple_qos.sh script and for my testing it is quite nice indeed. The whole network stays quite responsive even during abuse. The whole expeience was quite pleasant (using ssh over a ssl based VPN to remote control an X11 session while stressing in and out direction); counter to my subjective experience though netalyzr was detecting 3000 odd milliseconds of buffering upstream (downstream was fine). Once I find more time I will have a go at reproducing that. (Now I have to figure out whether I need to restart simple_qos.sh anytime I down or up an interface; any pointer?) BTW, how do you envision this to be started under the AQM tab; shall this start simple_qos or rather debloat?

No, I had something more wonderful in mind.

Felix Fietkau has added fq_codel to the openwrt 3.3 kernel and to the
existing qos-scripts as of openwrt revision 31761.

Builds for 37 architectures and ~150 platforms are popping out as I write.

See

http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/one_line_per_build

For details.

I will be obsoleting the CeroWrt aqm and aqm-scripts and simple_qos as
soon as the new qos-scripts handles ipv6 properly, and maybe get a
chance to add a trick or two to more to it.

Erics latest patch to fq_codel has not yet landed in openwrt.

> Small observation, port 81 on the router seems open to the internet, easily fixed, but maybe something you might want know :)
Patches gladly accepted. Frankly I'd hoped to have CeroWall done by now,
but, well, the ball's on the 20 yard line, and I need to bench myself
for a while.

Hopefully someone else can take it in for the score.