[Codel] BQL support in Ethernet drivers (and Kathie Nichols and Van Jacobson's new AQM, codel)

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Mon May 21 18:17:28 EDT 2012

On 05/21/2012 02:49 PM, Tobias Diedrich wrote:
> Rick Jones wrote:
>> On 05/20/2012 08:48 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
>>> Thx for the numbers!
>>>
>>> Could you do a TCP_RR while under load from UDP_STREAM?
>>
>> If you want to generate pretty pictures while doing so, you can
>> probably tweak
>> http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf2/trunk/doc/examples/bloat.sh
>
> How about this:
> http://tdiedrich.de/~ranma/bufferbloat-rt3050/

They look pretty I suppose, but it also looks like I've got the vrules
botched somehow.  Though I cannot find the bug just yet in the
repository copy.  The red vertical line should be at the start of the
UDP_STREAM test's results, and there should be a black one right after.
  They shouldn't be at the ends of the _RR test.  Did you tweak that bit
when you converted to a UDP_STREAM test?

The other thing is it appears the scaling to make rrdtool look like it
supports dual y-axes could use a bit of tweaking.  I was pretty much
guessing there :(

rick