[Codel] BQL support in Ethernet drivers (and Kathie Nichols and Van Jacobson's new AQM, codel)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 21 20:27:32 EDT 2012

In looking over your test scripts and results, it seems possible you
have gso on.

ethtool -K the_device tso off
ethtool -K the_device gso off
ethtool -K the_device ufo off

Secondly, in the 100Mbit and below case, I have found BQL's estimates
to be persistently on the high side, and have generally found that a
byte queue limit of 3000 or 4500 produces optimal, consistent results.

Usually 1500 causes starvation. YMMV.

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Tobias Diedrich
<ranma+openwrt at tdiedrich.de> wrote:
> Rick Jones wrote:
>> On 05/20/2012 08:48 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
>> >Thx for the numbers!
>> >
>> >Could you do a TCP_RR while under load from UDP_STREAM?
>>
>> If you want to generate pretty pictures while doing so, you can
>> probably tweak
>> http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf2/trunk/doc/examples/bloat.sh
>
> How about this:
> http://tdiedrich.de/~ranma/bufferbloat-rt3050/