[Codel] CoDel + 3.3 kernel

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 23 20:27:55 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Rishita Rajal Anubhai
<rishita at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi CoDel enthusiasts,
>
> Along with Amogh, I am working with kernel 3.4 for CoDel.
> While trying to use the deb package for linux kernel 3.4,
> I got an error requesting me to use the libc6 version >=2.14.
> I manually installed libc6 2.15* and the got the kernel
> running after that.

There's a 3.4 package? Oh, that's net-next. It's actually mostly
what was going into 3.5, not 3.4.

Secondly, that deb was built for ubuntu 12.4, not debian.

we need to clearly spin up and out pre-packaged versions
for the top X major Oses somehow.

I also note that those prebuilt packages have a slightly out of
date fq_codel in them, eric added a fix that should handle
torrent better...

Presently the only versions of codel that are truly current and built
in binary form from the
latest codel sources are the 37 architectures and 150 platforms
supported by openwrt (as well as cerowrt). This includes x86 and kvm.

It is probably best for you to build kernel debs from sources
at this point, as we are lacking infrastructure to get the builds done
for the other OSes, as I write. I believe ubuntu and fedora
folk are working on getting standard fq_codel enabled builds out
through their own systems (launchpad, etc)
but I am behind on my mail..

> The problem now is, while trying to 'make' from the codel
> repo (to run tc), all the other packages I need such as flex,
> bison, etc. all seem to require the older version (libc6 2.13*)
> to be installed. Is the expected next step, to install all the
> required packages manually in some way?

I usually do an apt-get install build-essential first.

./configure in the iproute repo

Also the main iproute2 git repo is rumored to have all the
codel stuff in it now, so mine is obsolete.

I took a couple days off and the world obsoleted everything!!

and I'm still trying to take a vacation...

Happy codeling!

> Thanks,
> Rishita

SKYPE: davetaht