[Codel] [Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] FQ_Codel lwn draft article review

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Nov 28 09:06:32 EST 2012

    David> We strongly suspect that we want to prioritize short-lived connections over
    David> long lived connections. We don't know a good way to do this, but one good
    David> starting point would be to prioritize syn packets so that the initialization
    David> of the connection happens as fast as possible.

    David> Ideally we'd probably like to prioritize the first couple of packets of a
    David> connection so that very short lived connections finish quickly

It's not short-lived that we care about (think HTTP/1.1 connections).
It's connections which are newly active.  I think, but I'm not certain,
are those which have not yet opened their window: slow start is still
active.  That also means that the connection can not yet dominate.

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.