[Codel] [Bloat] better testing, linux 3.6.1, cerowrt credits, other stuff

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Oct 10 19:32:54 EDT 2012

On 10/09/2012 12:35 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> I assume that by "infrastructure" you mean "(netperf) servers far away"? What
> would be needed for a test server in terms of resources (bandwidth and
> otherwise)? I could try and persuade my university to let me setup a
> test server on their network (which is in Denmark)...

Keep in mind that netperf needs two open ports - one for the control
connection and one for the data connection.

As far as an access control mechanism goes, it is pretty lame, but the
2.6.0 and later versions of netperf/netserver include the ability to
define a passphrase the netserver must see from netperf before it will
allow a test to be run.  It is the global -Z option.

http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf2/tags/netperf-2.6.0/Release_Notes

happy benchmarking,

rick jones