[Codel] ns-3.15 simulations using CoDel

Mark Sammut mas30 at eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Sun Sep 30 12:23:25 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to run CoDel simulations using ns-3.15 and Andrew McGregor's
CoDel patch available at http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki.

For some reason, I am getting all delay and queue length results using
CoDel equal to the results using DropTail. Can anyone indicate reasons
for such performance? I am generating UDP packets using On-Off
applications set as a Poisson Traffic generator on 10 nodes aggregated
on a common node set as the bottleneck node. Below is the part of the
code which implements CoDel.

   Config::SetDefault ("ns3::CoDelQueue::Mode", StringValue ("Packets"));
   Config::SetDefault ("ns3::CoDelQueue::MaxPackets", UintegerValue
(10000));
   Config::SetDefault ("ns3::CoDelQueue::Interval", StringValue ("0.8ms"));
   Config::SetDefault ("ns3::CoDelQueue::Target", StringValue ("0.2ms"));
   Config::SetDefault ("ns3::CoDelQueue::MinBytes", UintegerValue(1500));

   CsmaHelper csma;
   csma.SetChannelAttribute ("DataRate", StringValue(LinkRate));
   csma.SetChannelAttribute ("Delay", TimeValue (Seconds (0)));
   csma.SetQueue ("ns3::CoDelQueue");

Thanks a lot for your help and best regards,
Mark