[Codel] Stanford talk on "inside codel and fq_codel" is now online

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 17:13:31 EST 2013

I have to admit that most of the first 20 minutes is review for people
here, but I'm hoping that we finally came up with a clear explanation of
two of the phases in the codel algorithm, which starts about 28 minutes in.
Kathie Nichols, Eric Dumazet and Luigi Rizzo were also there and we got a
little sidetracked in discussing some of the interesting results of new
sims, and some new lines of research we were exploring, but in viewing the
video I'm pretty happy about multiple things.

Video and slides:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxoa5Si4Ubw

http://netseminar.stanford.edu/seminars/Inside_Codel_and_Fq_Codel.pdf

The only thing I deeply regret was running out of time and  not being able
to return to the core slide and talk about the interrelationship of codel's
drop scheduler with a fair queueing algorithm. I spent too much time
showing off some cool graphs of the results I currently get from the RRUL
test prototype.

Share and enjoy!

Other lectures from the Stanford netseminar series are here:

http://netseminar.stanford.edu/

I have a talk at MIT next week on the 14th.

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html