[Codel] Video of my talk at MIT "What's Wrong with WiFi?" is up

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:45:04 EST 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wksh2DPHCDI&feature=youtu.be

the first half of this talk revises and extends on the previous talk at
stanford (where I mostly talk about fq_codel, and RRUL). In particular I
extended the slide set to include more examples, and have a rather killer
one showing vast improvements in web page completion time, under load, with
fq_codel..

The second half of the MIT goes into my take on some of what's going wrong
with wifi.

In the MIT talk, I take some time to talk about my plans for the wifi
yurtlab testbed this summer, as well. I am entertaining proposals as to
what else to do with it. If anybody has
ideas/algorithms/hardware/time/funding/resources for this effort, please
speak up!

The second half of the stanford talk (2 weeks ago) went into detail on
codel and fq_codel, and the audio to it was just improved rather radically,
so if you haven't seen that one, slides and video are at:
http://netseminar.stanford.edu/

I hope that the methods I'm using to describe network behavior (RRUL), and
codel/fq_codel's behavior continue to improve to where one day they can be
used to effectively illustrate an article or two. In the interim, I keep
trying talks and getting feedback on what's getting through, or not. Enjoy.

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html