[Codel] hardware multiqueue in fq_codel?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 15:41:20 EDT 2013

> 4) ECN processing is enabled by default (but off by default in sysctl)

I don't see any harm in handling ECN correctly in the qdisc at all times.
It is routers that screw it up that require ECN negotiation to be disabled
at the endpoints by default - I assume that's the sysctl you're referring
to.

The more ECN traffic there is in the wild, the more visible the problems
will be with the broken routers, and the greater the likelihood that they
might actually get fixed. And the greater benefit perceived to be attached
to ECN by end users and net admins, the more likely they are to actually
turn it on.

- Jonathan Morton